Winona Ryder (Actress) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Winona Laura Horowitz professionally known as Winona Ryder is an American film actor. She came into limelight with her performance in Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice (1988) and did some major roles in Heathers (1989), Mermaids (1990), Edward Scissorhands (1990), and Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992). Winona is a winner of Golden Globe Award, and has been nominated for two Academy Awards. She is known for taking on quirky roles and was a prodigy, from a very young age. She was an old soul and sophisticated intellectually.
Winona Ryder was born on October 29, 1971 in Winona, Minnesota, U.S. in a Jewish family to parents Cynthia Palmer (née Istas) and Michael D. Horowitz. Her mother is an author, video producer and editor, and her father is an author, editor, publisher and antiquarian bookseller. She has a younger brother, Urie and two older half-siblings from her mother’s prior marriage, Brother Jubal Palmer and Sister Sunyata Palmer.
Winona did her schooling from Kenilworth Junior High, Petaluma, California and later enrolled herself into American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, where she took her first acting lessons when she was 12 years old and graduated from Petaluma High School.
|Real Name||Winona Ryder|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1971|
|Age (as in 2021)||Minnesota, U.S.|
|Birth Place||Minnesota, United Stated|
|Home Town||Minnesota, United Stated|
|Family||Mother : Cynthia Palmer
Father : Michael D. Horowitz
|Address||California, United Stated|
Winona debuted with David Seltzer’s film Lucas in 1986 and later in 1991, she played the role of young taxicab driver in Jim Jarmusch’s Night on Earth. She also starred in the dual roles of Count Dracula’s reincarnated love interest Mina Murray and Dracula’s past lover Princess Elisabeta, in Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992).
Winona also starred as an android in Alien Resurrection (1997), alongside Sigourney Weaver and went on a four year hiatus in 2001. She returned in films in 2006 with The Darwin Awards. Since 2016, Ryder starred in the Netflix sci-fi-horror series Stranger Things, created by The Duffer Brothers as Joyce Byers, a single mother whose 12-year-old son vanishes mysteriously. The series second and third seasons of the series were released in October 2017 and July 2019 and fourth season was halted due to pandemic and will release soon. In 2020 she starred in The Plot against America, an HBO limited series.
Education Details and More
|School||Kenilworth Junior High, Petaluma, California|
|College||American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco|
|Educational Qualification||Acting Diploma|
|Debut||Film : Lucas (1986)
Television : The Simpsons (1994; as voice over artist)
Friends (2001; as actor)
|Awards||Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture (1994)
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2017)
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 6″ Feet|
|Eye Colour||Brown Eyes|
|Hair Colour||Medium Brown|
|Hobbies||Reading Books, and Swimming|
Winona Ryder was engaged to actor Johnny Depp for three years beginning in July 1990. She met him at the Great Balls of Fire! premiere in June 1989, and they began dating two months later, when she was 17 and he was 26. She dated Soul Asylum band member Dave Pirner from 1993 to 1996 and also dated Matt Damon from 1998 to 2000. She has been in a relationship with Scott Mackinlay Hahn since 2011.
Marital Status and More
|Boyfriends||Johnny Depp (Actor)
Dave Pirner (Singer)
Scott Mackinlay Hahn
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Winona Ryder
- Winona Ryder was born in Minnesota and raised in California, United States.
- She garnered critical acclaim and two consecutive Academy Award nominations for her portrayals of socialite May Welland in Martin Scorsese’s The Age of Innocence (1993) and Jo March in the third film adaptation of Little Women (1994).
- In 2010, she was nominated for two Screen Actors Guild Awards: as the lead actress in the television film When Love Is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story and as part of the cast of Black Swan.
- Winona received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2000
- She was the female lead alongside her then-boyfriend Johnny Depp in the fantasy film Edward Scissorhands,
- Ryder performed alongside Cher and Christina Ricci in the video for “The Shoop Shoop Song”, the theme from Mermaids.
- In 1983 she nearly drowned, which caused her to develop aquaphobia.
- She was awarded ‘ShoWest’s Female Star of Tomorrow’ by The National Association of Theatre Owners.
- She also made a guest appearance on NBC’s sitcom Friends, where she played Rachel’s college sorority sister.
- On December 12, 2001, Ryder was arrested on shoplifting charges in Beverly Hills, California, accused of stealing $5,500 worth of designer clothes and accessories at a Saks Fifth Avenue department store
- In early 2020, Ryder appeared in Squarespace’s Super Bowl commercial which was aired during the first half of the game.
If you have more details about Winona Ryder. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.